Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My chores

Yesterday I was assigned to trim the yard and I can't do it because I am not allowed to use the trimmer because I keep breaking it or it wont work for me. So mom told me to mow instead. I went in the shed and got a push  lawn mover. I did the yard back first (because I was in the back all ready). After that I wend and mowed the front yard. It was so hot I wanted to quit but I did it. Then my mom brought me a big drink of ice water.
Today I have a day off and I don't have to do any jobs until tomorrow.
Friday the 13th Rylee and I are having a party and I am excited. My sister Rylee came up with the idea and I joined in. Now I have to wait until Friday.
I am grateful that I have a family that I can be a part of and be with them forever.

1 comment:

  1. You are having a Friday-the-13th party?! Is there a theme? How hot does it get where you are?

    The thermometer at the school where I work said it was 112 one day, but I don't believe it. It was really hot, probably over 100 degrees, but I don't think it was 112.

    Yay for days off! My kids always get the day off. Sometimes I tell them to do things, and sometimes they do things anyway, but they really don't have much work to do.

    I don't work at school during the summer and didn't get another summer job this year, so I've been working at home. (I am also the custodian of a church, but I only do that on Saturdays after all the weekly meetings are over and Sundays after church is over.) So, I've been working at home. Our house is very old; it was either built in 1890 or 1870. The best information I have says it was built in 1870.

    Anyway, I have been scraping paint off the outside trim. It was incerdibly thick and hard. I had a heat gun I used to kind of melt the paint off, but it quit working. :( Even with the heat gun, it was a very hard job. I could only scrape the paint off a space about 12 inches wide and two feet long before I got too tired and had to quit. It was all above my head, too. Oy. I only bought a gallon of paint. When I am done with that, I am done painting for a while.

    I would like to get two more projects done this summer. I cut down some shrubs beside the garage and now would like to put up a fence, just for decoration. I also want to replace the siding shingles at the top front of the garage. Our house and garage are cedar-shingle sided. It is a small space, but I have to climb up on a ladder and then up onto the overhang, and I've never done this kind of thing before. So, that could take forever. We'll see if I actually do get it done.

    ReplyDelete