Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vocabulary Word

Today I have to use my three vocabulary words in my journal.
Some of my friends in school are bigots  because they are mean to black people. Bigotry is wrong because black people should be treated the same as everyone else.
When I go downstairs and ask my mom what I should wear for school , she says, "Wear something casual and I say, "Ok."
When I get in trouble my mom drones on and on about what I'm in trouble for.
I am so exited to go scout camp that I am already packed.
I am grateful that my mom drones because I get to learn a lot of stuff from her.

1 comment:

  1. Have you found people bigoted against you? Some kids didn't like my son because he has an accent. (He used to have much more of an accent than he has now.) They would tell him he was retarded because he couldn't talk right. Well, if you heard the way some people talk around here who were born and raised here, you would probably think they don't talk right either.

    We have casual days at school. On those days, the staff can wear jeans. I say OK to that, too. I have one favorite pair of jeans. The are long, just drag the ground when I wear my western riding boots, have little tears in the inside seams at the bottom (because that's the way they were when I bought them), and are not at all baggy. Baggy pants make me nuts; I can't stand to wear baggy pants.

    When I think of people who drone, I think of Ferris Bueller's teacher. Maybe you have never seen that movie. Ferris is a student who skips school. One of his teachers speaks in a complete monotone, a boring sounding voice. I never think of people droning in a nice way.

    By the way, I was just wondering, does your family ever call you Sasha? We still call our son by his nickname, kind of. His nickname was Kola and we call him Kole.

    ReplyDelete