Monday, September 10, 2012

My first few days in America.

We had a very long flight from  Ukraine and it was tiring. When we got home the first thing I did was go to bed and get some sleep. The next day my mom told me all the rules and that was very boring. After that I tried to go find some thing to do and the first thing that came to my mind is going down stairs and playing  Xbox. I didn't understand how to do the family chores and that kind of made me crazy.
Then when I was done playing Xbox I went upstairs to make paper airplanes and that was kind of fun. Every time some one talked in my family I didn't understand what they were saying. The only words I understood was hi,bye and thanks. "The next day I woke up and went down to eat breakfast at 7am because the other kids had school and I didn't. The next week I started school.  I didn't like school because I always wanted to be home and with my mom because school was very boring.
This year school is hard. I have a crazy this science teacher that makes up weird words and says that 30 degrees is  nice.  
I am grateful that I understand my family.

1 comment:

  1. My son says we were the ones who didn't understand. So, he said, he didn't talk to us much. I remember that our taxi driver in Ukraine taught him to say "what is it" in English so he could ask what the names of things were. I also sent him to school soon after he arrived at our home. One teacher told me she remembered that he saw a box of Puffs tissues and asked, "What is it 'poofs?'" She said she thought that was funny. But, that was how he learned things - that and by watching cartoons. I have him on video getting a bowl of soup from my wife, and she told him it was hot. He said, "What is it hot?" I really wanted to get him on tape more speaking his first language, but he wouldn't let me record him. Now, though, he no longer speaks his first language but says he would like to go back to visit in Ukraine. You're going back, right? How do you feel about that?

    ReplyDelete