Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A memory

When the orphanage told me that I was going to go visit America, I was so excited.
It was a long boring 24 hour flight. But I think it all paid off.
When we arrived in America I was so excited to find my family and spend a couple of weeks with them.
Here is a picture of me with my family when I arrived in America.
I went home with the family that agreed to host me. When I went inside the house it was like  a mansion to me.  When they told me where I was going to sleep,
I saw toys and they were Polly Pockets. I asked, "Can I play with them?" But really I did with  hand motions. I thought playing with the Polly Pockets was fun. 
Here is a picture of me and my sister playing Polly Pockets.
The next morning I woke up and went downstairs  and there was glorious food on the table. When all of us were dressed we made sugar cookies. My mom gave me some cookie dough and I didn't like it so I spit it back in the bowl.  I didn't know that was bad manners.
Here is a picture of us making cookies.
I am grateful that I have a brain so I can remember these lovely memories.



For Jefferson:
I am from Dniproprotrosk. My brother name is Ivan (pronounced Evon - like a girls name in America).
Thanks for fallowing my blog.

2 comments:

  1. You look so serious in the airport picture. We're you afraid? I think that is funny about the Polly Pockets. But, I bet they were great to you since you didn't have anything like that in Dniproprotrosk. I think it is funny that you spit out the cookie dough, too. I understand about making signs, which reminds me.... Today, some of us went out today. My son was trying to tell his cousin how to say I don't understand. But, I didn't understand what he was saying. He was saying ya neraskazvareviyou. Does that sound like anything you've heard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I love your memories! My husband is from Dnipropetrovsk and on Thursday I will fly there to visit his parents. They really want to meet their grandchild for the first time so I get to make that LONG flight with our 10 month old while my husband stays in America and works. He also says that your English is VERY good. Keep it up!

    Jefferson, if you see this comment, I think that your son was saying ya ne razgovarivayu, which would mean "I don't speak". "I don't understand" would be ya ne ponimayu. Isn't Russian so fun!? :)

    ReplyDelete