Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Ukraine Memory

I remember one time in the orphanage a kid got a phone from his parents and I thought my Ukrainian mom was going to bring me one. In a couple of weeks my brother Evan came to visit me with his new girlfrien. I don't remember her name. Anyway, my brothers girlfriend gave me a bunch of toy cars and I was so happy because that was the first thing I  received in the orphanage. A month later Evan and his girlfriend took me to a circus and that was my favorite place because you get to see cool stuff that people do with them selfs and animals. In the orphanage I got this very bright red jacket and I loved red because it is my favorite color. I was playing out side in the dark and there were bats flying around so I decided to throw rocks at them. One of the bats got mad and chased me around. The rest of them saw my very bright red jacket and started to chase me around but I finally found the way in the orphanage. In the morning I woke up and went out side to see if the bats were still out there.  Evan came to visit me again and I was so happy. I told him the bat story. Evan was like my dad to me because he cared about me. When I turned 8 years old I was moved to a older kids orphanage. When I arrived at the orphanage a boy named Bogdan helped me to find my class. The funny part about the orphanage is they treat people that just got here nice but if you were there for 7 months they are going to be mean and insane.

TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

  1. Where in Ukraine is it you are from? I don't remember. How did your brother get a name like Evan in Ukraine? That is too bad people can't just be nice all the time instead of just when you are new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your memory although bats are very scary! I'm glad that your brother came to visit you and made you feel special. My husband is from Ukraine and I lived there for a couple years. Our son is almost one year old and his name is Aleksandr (Sasha) which is like your name, Alex.

    ReplyDelete