Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A trip/lie

Today we are getting ready for our Puerto Plata trip and I am very excited. The most boring part about this trip is that we may have to wait in the airport for a long time. The best part about this trip is we get to go hike to beautiful water falls.
When I was playing my ipod my mom asked me what I was doing and I said " I am writing in my journal." She asked me again what I was doing and I said, "I am writing in my journal." Actually I was playing on my iPod. My mom saw me playing my ipod so I got my iPod taken away. Now I am angry and I don't now why I am angry. It's probably that I am to addicted to my iPod. If I just told the truth my day would have been better then it is right now.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know, lying always ends up that way, never good. You said you don't know why you do that, but I bet if you really stop to think about it, you can probably come up with a pretty good idea. When you were little, did people tell you not to lie? When you were little, did you get in trouble for lying? Had you agreed that you would journal but decided to do something different anyway, so you knew you weren't doing what you said you would do and that didn't matter? But, you are not alone. I'll bet we've all lied at some time or another. I think this is what you should do: scare your mom and do what she asks the first time. Yes. I think she will be a little scared because she won't know what's going on. Don't rely on old habits to get you through life. New things always come up and you have to change and adapt. You yourself have to make up your mind to the right thing. I have a bad habit, too. Every morning I have to wake up and promise myself that I won't do that bad habit. Every day I have to remind myself. Eventually, I hope, it will become my new habit to not do it. I believe in God and God says he doesn't like it. So, I've got to try to not do it. And, so far, this has been successful. Maybe I'll stumble sometime, but not today. Maybe, if you really don't want to lie, you can try this, too.

    By the way, good job on your journaling and I hope you have a fun trip. And, how is your mouth after getting your teeth taken out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you were angry. Anger happens mostly because we have some kind of expectation that wasn't achieved. You must have been disappointed in yourself and the situation but it seems to me that you learned a good lesson to tell the truth. It always works too! Thanks for writing Alex!

    ReplyDelete