Thursday, August 16, 2012

Memory

I remember  when I was in the orphanage in Ukraine waiting for my parents to come get me.
On March 18th my mom arrived in  Ukraine to start the paper work so I could go home.
On March 20th my mom arrived  at the  orphanage and I was so happy to see her.  My dad came along too. The orphanage only let us visit in the red building and no where else. But in couple of weeks they allowed us to go to my moms Ukrainian apartment. I don't really remember what it looked like but the apartment didn't look the same as the orphanage.
I also remember I asked  my mom to buy me a phone but she wouldn't because I already had a phone and Ukraine phones wouldn't work in the US.
Then we went to  a grocery store and I wanted so many things  because I didn't usually go to stores because they didn't let us in the orphanage. I felt like I was a free man and I could do what ever I wanted and I had a mom to pay for things. I really liked walking with my mom around the city. I didn't like walking around with my Ukrainian friend because they always got me into trouble.
Another thing I remember is when my parents visited my orphanage I didn't want to let anyone touch or talk to them but my mom said, "Just let us meet them." and I said, "Da.".
My friends and I taught my dad how to play the Ukrainian Glass game. He thought it was fun but I thought it was twice as fun with my dad! The best part about this game is you get to hit some one as hard as you can with the ball and try to put the glass back together.
It's hard to have no parents because there is no one that is watching over you, taking care of you or reading you stories every night.
Now I have parents that do just that, but they don't really read stories to me all the time because I am 14 years old. In fact, I read scripture stories to them to help my reading and pronunciation.


1 comment: