Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Youngest Memory

When I was little like I mean little. It was my birthday that day and my Ukrainian parents gave me a tricycle and a dog. I was very happy and after my birthday my Ukrainian brother came over and gave me grapes for my birthday. Another thing I got for my birthday was a water gun. I had a blast that time I remember wearing brown pant and a jacket that was blue with purple. I remember when I ran away ones because my Ukrainian parents didn't pay any attention. I ran of to a friends house and laid there until  some one came out and saw me. When I was brought into the house I saw a red furry dog and it all ways came to me and laid by me. One day my Ukrainian mom was yelling Alex where are you so i finally thought that my mom cared. When I turned six police men came into our house and took me and I had no idea where I was going. I arrived at this place and they told me that you are in a orphanage. I didn't know what orphanage meant. They said, "That I was going to a different orphanage when I turned 7.

When I was little, like really little, it was my 4th birthday and my Ukrainian parents gave me a tricycle and a dog, The tricycle was red and the dog was a German Shepard puppy. My Ukrainian brother, Ivan came over and gave me grapes and a water gun too. I was very happy. I remember wearing brown pants and a jacket that was blue and purple.
I remember running away once because my Ukrainian mom wasn't taking good care of me. My Ukrainian dad had died a few months ago. I ran off to a friends house and laid on the porch until they came out and found me. They carried me into the house and their red, furry dog came and laid by me. Then I heard my mom calling for me and I thought that she finally cared and I went back to my house but nothing had changed. 
When I was six years old, policemen came into our house and took me away because my mom wasn't taking care of me. They took me to a building with lots of kids and left me there. I learned later it was an orphanage. Until then, I had no idea what an orphanage was. Later, I learned that when I turned seven I would go to an orphanage for older children. I was scared and just wanted to stay where I was. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww. That's a sad story. But now, you get all the attention you need. What a big change! You went from no one paying attention to you to getting all the attention you need. Was the thought of going to an orphanage or of going to a different orphanage scarier than when you found out you were going to move to the U.S? Were you not scared at all by the thought of moving to a different country?

    ReplyDelete