Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Memory

I remember when I was still in Ukraine and their was a kid that threw a piece of glass and I still have a scar for it. Anyway, I was 8 years old when that happened and the only thing I did was kick the glass and it rolled to the kid that threw it at me. Then I had to go to the doctors office and see if they can do anything about it and really it didn't hurt much.
Then doctors said I'll be ok but the bad part about seeing the doctor was where they tap some alcohol on my leg because it takes all the bad things that went to my leg but it hurt like heck. I came back and I was time for after lunch bed time because thats what they do in Ukraine. I hated going to bed at that time because it was so early but sometimes it is good to go to bed that time. If we didn't want to go to bed then we can draw or do your homework till 4 and our lunch was around 11. 
Anyway, when it reaches 4 that means it is time for dinner and after dinner we have a meeting we the church people to teach us about god. It is kind of hard to remember everyone name because you for get everyone when you move. 
But I might see some people when I get my Eagle project approved.  What I am doing for my project is I am going to see if people are willing to donate markers,pencils and back packs. Before I ask people I am going to ask Walmart and Target if they can donate some markers, pencils and backpacks.
By the way this was all my moms idea and I am going to go with it.

I remember when I was still in Ukraine and there was a kid that threw a piece of glass at my leg and I still have a scar on my leg form it. I was 8 years old when that happened and the only thing I did was kick the glass and it rolled to kid he threw it at me! Then U had to go to  the doctors office to see if they could do anything about it. It really didn't hurt much.
The doctors said I'd be ok but the bad part the worst part about was he dabbed alcohol on my leg. It's to kill any infection. But it hurt like heck.When I came back it was time for naps because thats what they do in Ukraine. I hated going to bed at that time because it was so early but sometimes it is good sleep. If we didn't want to go to bed could draw or work on  homework till four o'clock. Our lunch was at 11.
At four o'clock it is time for dinner and after dinner we have a meeting withe the church people to teach us about God. It is kind of hard to remember everyones name. I have forgotten so many names since coming home. I might go back to Ukraine and see some people when I get my Eagle project approved. For my project I am going to see if people are willing to donate markets,pencils and backpacks. Before I ask people I am going to ask Walmart and Target to donate some supplies.
This was all my moms idea and I am going to go with it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, good idea about the backpacks Mom and good for you for going with it. I would love to go back to Ukraine, but my son would not like to go back to Ukraine. He says all he has are bad memories. I know they are not all bad because he's told me some of the good ones. Still, I understand it was mostly bad for him.

    I know what you were talking about when you said you roll your eyes. Adults do things like that, too. I try not to, but there is no one to tell me to stop. Mostly, I get exasperated with people and act cranky. Then, I get mad at myself and just want to be let alone. I'm not pouting; I just feel bad and embarrassed for acting badly. Then, when I feel better, I have to apologize. Sometimes we just have to apologize.

    I think you are about the same age as my son. He turned 12 last month. But, he is only in fourth grade. One of the problems he had in Ukraine was that his Ukrainian mother didn't send him to school. So, when we adopted him the same month he turned nine, he was just in first grade. Here in the States, we let him finish first grade and then go on from there. For him, I think that was good because he learned English and easier school material at the same time. My other son is 14 and in eighth grade. They are both good students, and I have a daughter who is a nurse and a daughter who is studying to be a nurse.

    ReplyDelete